Sorry I couldn't get the photo to post any larger. I wanted to share it because I believe it is scientific proof that males are innately attracted to the remote control. In the short minute I looked away from Owen to watch a Today Show segment (bad, bad Mommy!), Owen's instinct to hold the little magic box inspired him to make his first escape from the bouncy seat. Sigh...now I will be 3rd in line for command of the television.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Owen's Aunt Jennifer spent Memorial Weekend with us, and he really
showed off for her. He held his own bottle for the first time and he
finally rolled from his back to his front. He's also started performing
some Shakespearean-length soliloquies, and of course we sit
and listen like an adoring audience.
While she was here, Jennifer set us up for our first i-chat with Owen's
DD and Coach, and that was lots of fun. If you've got a web cam and
would like a private conference with Mr. Owen, just make an appointment!
Friday, May 23, 2008
So here's the latest on Owen:
- 15 lbs 3 oz (12th percentile)
- 25 in long (10th percentile)
- Wearing 6-9 month clothes
- Now eating baby jar sweet potatoes, peas, pears, bananas & apples
- Starting to figure out the sippy cup
- Hair has grown to about 3/4 inch
- No teeth
- Still waking about 3 times a night (argh...), but is becoming a decent napper
- Can sit on his own for a few seconds, then face-plants
- Says "ba", "ma", "da", and when flustered barks "nein, nein, nein!" like an angry German
- Shrieks like a parakeet when he's excited
- Loves people! Charms his way around with his smile & killer blue eyes
- Got to swing for the first time this week at his friend Solomon's
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Acting on orders from my sisters, here are photos from the beach trip we
took with Scott's parents, Owen's "GG", and Drew a few weeks ago. Owen
handled the five-hour drive to Florida like a champ, and he slept like a...
well, you know... in the Pack 'n Play that we set up in a closet for him.
He knocked out several "firsts" while we were there too: eating jar baby
food (sweet potatoes), digging his toes in the sand at the beach, and taking
a dip in the pool. The little guy does come from a long line of very pale
people, so I should note that Owen's first trips to the beach and pool
were also his only trips to the beach and pool. Our favorite activity
turned out to be shopping at the outlet mall in Destin, and the entire
family used very little restraint when it came to buying things for Owen
(admit photo #11 below into evidence).
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I had a great first Mother's Day, although I have to admit it still surprises me sometimes to think of myself as a mother. Owen and Scott treated me to breakfast in bed this morning - fresh fruit and an omelet...yum!
My friend Greer made these pictures of Owen and me a few months ago,
and I figured today was the perfect occasion to share them.