Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rocket Man

We're back from the Lone Star State!  So much to tell, but I'm still waiting 
for a few pics from DD before I write the Texas-sized chronicle of our visit.
Here's just a tidbit:

On our first full day there, we went into Houston to visit Owen's Aunt 
Jenny at work at the Toyota Center.  It was great to see how excited 
Jenn was to introduce her nephew to her co-workers, and I was surprised
to learn that many of them follow the happenings of Owen via this blog.
(Hi guys!)  Owen was born on the night of the Rockets' opening home 
game this past fall, which was terrible timing for Jenn, who had planned 
to be here in Birmingham for his birth.  She said her co-workers spent 
much of that day trying to console her, but she just kept crying! 

No worries Jenn.  I think Owen will forgive you for missing his debut, 
especially since your job is also the reason he will now be able to tell 
people he once used an NBA court as his private playground.     


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you all! Just a few more days and I'll be in heaven for two weeks. Yeah!

Kari Anne said...

It was great to see you and Scott and to finally meet the other man in your life!! Owen is absolutely precious!!!! I can't wait to see all of you again!

Anonymous said...

Love you!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. And I'll see you in 8 DAYS!

Shelley & Scott said...

It was great to see you too Kari! Sorry I didn't get the picture of you with Owen up on here. I had a little trouble with the slideshow, and I couldn't edit it without losing everything I typed. I'm going to post the rest of the photos in a few days.

Mom and Jenn...see you real soon!