Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yellow Machines


If you're planning to have a conversation with Owen anytime soon, you'd better be able to call that thing in the picture up there something more than Big Yellow Machine. That tactic only worked for me for about a week, and then I had to hit the internet and educate myself.

We've memorized all the active construction and road repair sites within a 10-mile radius of home, with our current favorite site being the "new why-bwear-ee". Today we saw a crane lifting steel beams and a bulldozer pushing dirt around. Score!

But I would caution you against flaunting your newfound knowledge. Throw around terms like boom, grapple, or skid steer loader one too many times in Owen's presence, and he will just calmly point out the passenger side window at something like this



and say, "Care to tell me what THAT is, smartypants?"

3 comments:

Grandma DD said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I love it. He's going to be an engineer or a ditch digger. I see his noise maker stick in his hand! Sweet. See you in 2 weeks. Thanks for the post. Love ya all!!

Coach said...

I am glad to see you are going the extra mile to answer his questions honestly. That is the one thing a parent must learn to do, answer all of the "Why" or "What" questions as honest as you can. He is so inquistive at this age as all kids are. I love all of you and can't wait to see you.

Rebecca Davenport said...

Love it!