Monday, November 22, 2010

See this bleepity bleep bleepin' cat?


I rescued him from the streets 13 years ago.  For the sake of his health, I rub this nasty paste thyroid medicine in his ears every day.  And of course I feed him every morning.

But today, he thought I needed some extra incentive to get out of bed and take care of him... so he bit me- which freaked me out and made me jerk away- which startled him and made him clamp down harder... ON MY LIP.

Do you know how demoralizing it is to admit yourself to the ER with a cat bite?

Well, I'll tell you.

It turns out it's not nearly as demoralizing as passing out in the ER from a cat bite.

I have three stitches.  One of them is kinda wonky- I'm guessing that's the one the doctor was working on when I decided to exit stage left.  And the gash goes upward from the right corner of my mouth, which leaves me looking like Heath Ledger's Joker.

Except I won't be able to play the part very well because one of my discharge orders was to try not to smile too big.

Noooooo problem.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry I didn't call to check on you. :( I hope you're ok. I can't believe you fainted. Who was with you? :( LOVE YOU!

Coach said...

It sounds like all of this is my fault. I am the one who kept the cat alive in Texas until we could ship him to you. Then I used to have a history of losing conscientiousness when something suddenly happened to me or somebody in the family. Just take care of yourself and remember we all love you and are praying for you and Colby. Owen must have been a real trooper during all of this. Keep us informed on how you are doing.