Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How our days end


Some of my favorite moments with Owen are spent hanging out with him in his room at night before he goes to sleep.  I think the busy-ness of his days finally catches up with him by then and he's eager to just lounge and talk.  We'll read a book or two, and then he likes to sing "A Bushel and a Peck," always interrupting me in the same places to ask What's a barrel and a heap? and What's beat me all to heck?  (Probably should just stop singing that line altogether.)  And this is when he wants to talk about the heavier stuff too, like death and God and whether Boba Fett from Star Wars is a good guy or a bad guy.

I showed Owen this picture I took of him sleeping, and he said Dats funny... I usuwally sleep with my eyes open.

2 comments:

Grandma DD said...

This blog was priceless! I love my time with Owen at night too. I'll never forget last spring he told me "You need to leave now so I can rest!" Loved it. He really does do some deep thinking. I hope I answered his questions they you would have!!

Aunt Pam said...

What a precious picture of Owen sleeping! Kids are amazing and how their little minds work. So glad you are keeping up with the things Owen says.