Monday, January 23, 2012

Safely Aboard

It's no news to you locals, but we had really bad weather in our area overnight.  The sirens started blaring around 3 AM.  I don't know if it's because we're on a ridge or near several schools, but we hear them.  Really well.

And to break it down for you Stealers Wheel style, by 3:00:45 AM, I had this one to the left of me

this one to the right

and there I was stuck in the middle with her.  All 14 pounds balanced on my hip.

Owen occasionally likes to play on our bed and pretend it's a pirate ship.  He'll walk the plank, but if things get too scary out there in the open water of discarded pillows, he quickly scrambles back 'aboard' our metal canopy bed and finds safe haven.


It felt like that to me last night too.  I was so unreasonably content, hearing the storm approaching, and knowing I had many of the creatures I love most (furry and otherwise) nestled around me. 

Side note:  During the storm, Owen  said, "Dat funder jus keeps running and running and knocking on our fwont door!"

1 comment:

Aunt Pam said...

I know ya'll were scared. Glad ya'll are alright.
Owen has the custest little ways of saying things.
Love all of you.