Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby Dedication Weekend




A big thanks to Penny K who took many of the great photos!

This past weekend was super!  Coach and DD flew in for the weekend on Friday, we dedicated Owen at church Sunday morning and then we had a celebration lunch at our house with friends and family Sunday afternoon.  

The ceremony itself was emotional, meaningful, surreal and nerve-wracking all at once.  Owen looked so precious and innocent when they brought him out in the gown Kimeran made for him.  And it seemed no matter how our pastor turned him, Owen tried to keep eye-contact with Scott and me as we made a covenant to raise him in a home where he will know God's love.  And yet, as serious as the moment was, part of me was standing up there thinking, "Please don't let him make a dirty diaper right now...and if he does, please don't let it be loud enough for the microphone to pick up the sound"!     

5 comments:

pb said...

Wish we could have been there. I am so proud that you and Scott dedicated Owen. I believe that it is so important to raise your children knowing the Lord. You and Scott are good parents and I am so proud of you. I love the pictures and the memories that all of you made together.
Love to all.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Another great weekend. You and Scott are so great to put us up and put up with us. You are the perfect hostess. Everything turned out exactly as planned. The pictures are great. Countdown until June. I can't wait. Love you all!

Rebecca Davenport said...

I am homesick. When are you gong to Texas? I need to see all of you. That baby's head is growing. I can't see the rest of his body but his head is bigger. You must be filling it with algebra and trig. The pictures are great, and your dress is very cute. I am glad it was a perfect day!I MISS YALL!

Kari Anne said...

How sweet! He is getting so BIG!! Can't wait to see you when you come to Texas! Have a great one!

Love to all,

Kari