Friday, March 25, 2011

A few Owenisms and some random stuff

Another shot from last Saturday.  Bracing for the train whistle.

  • As a teacher of homebound students, I have to be ready to cover any subject.  The one that is currently killing me is senior level Anatomy and Physiology.  Maybe it would be easier if they would name things the way Owen does.
    • He calls his big toe a thumb toe.
    • The base of his skull is his back fo'head
  • I asked him for a hug and kiss the other night, and he said, "Not now Mommy... I'm Yoda."
  • I've been hoarse and generally icky with allergy stuff all week, but there was a playday at church yesterday that I didn't want Owen to miss.  So I just dressed for comfort and put my hair in a ponytail.  As we headed to the car, Owen turned and gave me a look.  "Mommy, you need to go back upstairs and put on a real shirt."
  • I discovered in the car this morning that one advantage to having an allergy altered voice is that I can do a killer impression of a lesbian singer-songwriter:  


(Call me and I'll serenade you.)


  • And finally, I just wanted to share that I found a basket to fill the weird space next to our washing machine.  Aren't you relieved?  I know... I've been losing sleep over it too.

Too lazy to take photos of my own so I found one like it here.

It always makes me happy when I can find something with a history and give it a second life, and this guy is really cool.  All I know for sure is that it's an ammunition basket.  I've read lots of conflicting info about whether they were used in WWI or WWII or both, and I've seen lots of different European countries get credit for them - France, Germany, Sweden - even Switzerland (I image their ammo baskets stayed in pretty nice shape).   You can see in the base of the basket where four artillery shells would have rested.

So that's the end of my random list.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Rebecca Davenport said...

Yea for post! I need some Owen video!?

Aunt Pam said...

Interesting basket. I like it!
I love this post!