Owen and I spotted some Makit & Bakit ornaments at Michael's the other day for $1, and we couldn't resist.
I was worried that it might be too tedious and frustrating for him, but he just stuck out his tongue and dropped those little plastic bits right into place.
Even though the fumes are probably toxic, I would put that melting plastic smell right up there with play dough and crayons for its ability to transport me back to childhood.
And now his polar bear is hanging on the tree a few limbs over from a rainbow ornament I baked up 25 years ago. Can I get a collective awwww?