Monday, August 16, 2010

B & A: Staircase

A short nine months in the making, here is our new stair rail:








It has been an odyssey.  And I mean more Homer Simpson's than Homer's.

We started with 40-year-old railing so wobbly and so low it couldn't have passed safety inspections in India.  And I can't believe I didn't document it in a photo before we had it stripped, but there were two stories of gold metallic flame stitch wallpaper on three of the walls.  It kinda looked like this:


I think it was really expensive stuff, but it just wasn't for us.  There was also a leaky skylight where the drum shade now hangs.

If I had it to do over, I would opt to drive the interstate rather than walk the unimproved hiking trail... barefoot... through purgatory... with no GPS, but I'm pretty happy with our destination.




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY! So happy to see the staircase done. I can't wait to see it in person...hopefully soon!

Grandma DD said...

Finally!!! It looks great! I love your 50's-60's theme. Love you much!!! All three of you!

Kari Anne said...

LOVE IT!!!