Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Carving


We got together with the H family for (I think) the 4th year and carved pumpkins this past Saturday.  Some years we draw our own and some years we cheat and use patterns.  This was a cheater year.  Owen is going to be Yoda for Halloween, so we went for a matching pumpkin.  Stay tuned to see our Star Wars family costumes.  Duuh Duuh da da da Duuh Duuh da da da Duuh Duuh dun-dun-dun-duuuuh...


There was a pumpkin judging, and I'm sad to say my Yoda pumpkin got last place (I might have stood a better chance if the Jedi master's face hadn't fallen out right as the ribbons were being distributed).  Scott's pirate got 2nd.  First place went- coincidentally, I'm sure, to the pumpkin carved by the judge's father for said judge.  I smell a fix.


And since I didn't make it into a single one of the carving party photos, I feel like sharing this one that Owen took of me after church Sunday.  Kid looks out for his mother.



3 comments:

Grandma DD said...

Yea, a new post. I got so excited! Thanks a bunch. XOXOXO

Aunt Pam said...

Loved the pumpkins and Owen did a great job taking your picture!

Coach said...

Once again I see where you got one of your mother's talents - arts and crafts. The pumpkins look awesome. I can't believe anybody beat you. It had to be rigged.