Monday, March 26, 2012

Hodge Podge

My mind is all over the place today, so I'll just go for it and give you a glimpse.

  • I didn't quite finish my craft project, but I know you've been distracted for days since that cliffhanger of a Friday post so I'll have mercy on you. Remember this post from back in the fall?  Owen proudly displayed his artwork on our sheet metal wall for months... until someone brushed against it and it fell to the floor, where Greta spotted it and seized the opportunity to upchuck her Purina all over it.  Bleck.  But I've been trying to view problems more as opportunities (I may have watched a self-help program on PBS or something), so it came to me that I could trace his drawing onto cotton with a fabric pen and then embroider it.  That way I can put the barf art in the garbage where it belongs.  I'll let you know when it's finally done!
  • That's also a peek at our landscaping plans.  The guy was supposed to be here to start about 5 1/2 hours ago.  Does that happen to you guys a lot too, or do I have Please wipe your feet tattooed on my face?  Problems = opportunities.  Problems = opportunities.


  • We went to the creek for a picnic after church yesterday with a group of our friends.  Such a stinkin' wonderful day.  Thanks for sharing it with us guys!  




  • Owen kept bringing me flowers and I kept sticking them in my hair.  Then I made him take a picture so I could see if I really looked like Buttercup.  Umm... yea, I flatter myself.  Quick!  What's your favorite Princess Bride quote?
  • Owen went for his 4-month eye check-up this morning, and he now has 20/20 vision!  The doctor seemed quite surprised that his left eye improved so quickly.  He's got 2 more months of wearing a patch for an hour a day and 3 more months in glasses just to make sure it 'sticks', and then hopefully we can begin storing his specs in the dress-up bin.
  • Special love to all of you who have family members in the hospital or recovering.  Spring Break was rough on many of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much about this post I like. Love your hair in that last picture. Sure wish I could have played at the creek. So none of the adults went in? Party poopers - huh? I didn't know about the puke on the art work! I'm glad you are preserving it. Love you all!

Shelley & Scott said...

Oh, several of us went in the creek. I took the photo right when we first went down there. It was cold! And there was a potential snake sighting way up the creek, so the side-dwellers were probably the wisest of the bunch ;)

Love you too!

Rebecca Davenport said...

Love your hair!! Cant wait to see you!

Coach said...

Such great memories of his friends, his time with his mom, being out in the fresh outdoors experiencing God's glory.