So pardon me while I indulge myself by making a list of things I'm loving about this baby right now.
- You know the laugh you do when you're stuck in a conversation with someone and you don't really have anything to say back to them but you don't want to be rude? Well Owen does that for me when he knows I'm trying to be funny. "Heh, heh."
- I can tell when he's going to fall down just by the expression on his face (before he even starts to sway or stagger). It's a surprised, mildly panicked look, like someone dropped an ice cube down his shorts.
- He can have more fun with 2 golf balls, a Tupperware lid, half a dried leaf, and a lint roller than with a warehouse full of Fisher Price toys. And when he gets a golf ball in each hand and tries to crawl he looks just like an ape doing the knuckle-walk.
- His new favorite word? "Yes." Except he says it with a Walter Matthau accent. I didn't have any luck capturing it here, but when I played the video back for him later he replied "yesh, yesh" to the recorded version of me.
- The top of his head smells like marshmallows.
- His walking toy has a tray at the bottom with 24 blocks in it, but he only plays with the four green ones. Which must mean we have the same favorite color.
- He walks like a frat boy on a Friday night. See for yourself, but try not to notice how our living room looks like its been sprayed down with a hoseful of red, blue & yellow plastic toys.
- He is the relentless host of "Name that Object", a game in which he grabs two items and randomly holds out one of them for me to name. Our most recent game sounded like this: "Nasal spray, mascara, nasal spray, mascara, mascara, mascara, nasal spray."