Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homemade Valentines


Ohhhh yeah. I'm the overzealous rookie mom who makes homemade Valentines for her kid to hand out. I figure I'll get the compulsion out of my system early while Owen only has 7 classmates and while he can put his name on heartsy stuff and still be able to hold his head high on the playground. Next year it will be mass-produced super hero cards from Target, I promise. But in the meantime, if I may, I would like to point out that the heart in the middle of the card is made by stamping the outside of each of his fists. I could weep it's so cute.


Finally, a creepy lizard to balance out all the pink, drippy sweetness.

3 comments:

Grandma DD said...

Did you go to the zoo when you got back or is this vintage photography? I love you. I learned a bunch of neat stuff for Blogger. I will share it with you in an email later. Love ya!!

Kari Anne said...

Too cute! We used to make homemade Valentines, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc. cards...now we don't...LOL...

I love the look on Owen's face in the picture with the lizard! Too cute!

It was GREAT seeing you last Friday night! I need to ask your Aunt Pam to email me the picture she took of the two of us. Owen was just too cute. He's growing too big too fast...but I know I don't have to tell you that!

Becky and Joe - so nice to see each of you again. And again, CONGRATS - I hope that you have a long, happy, and love filled life togther!!

Coach said...

We loved out homemade Valentine when we received it. It was so engenious the way you helped him make it. The artistic side of you came out again.