Monday, June 21, 2010

Belated Father's Day wishes

April 1977

to the man in my life who holds the almost certainly unbreakable record for most flowers given and cards sent to me:  my dad.  (Sorry, Scott, but he had a 16-year head start.)  My father is simultaneously one of the toughest and most sentimental people I know, and I think it's perfect that my son calls him "Coach".

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

324,
Shelley



and to Owen's dad:  When Owen and I said his prayers before bed last night, Scott, I asked him if he wanted to thank God for you, but instead he just wanted to pray that your poison ivy would come off.

I suppose Owen is still in the more concrete phase of language expression.  So if you want to know how Owen feels about his dad, you'll just have to come by around 6 on any night of the week and watch his face when our garage door first begins to squeak open.




4 comments:

Kari Anne said...

Shell...

That was an AWESOME post to them! I thought that I had cried all the tears I could yesterday, but you proved me wrong. I had to cry at what you said to your dad and the father of the cutest almost 3 year old little man! I wish I could see the face you are talking about him making...but...I can certainly imagine it!

Coach said...

Thank you so much Shelley. When I first saw it I thought you were Owen nd I was wondering who that was with him. I forgot having my hair that long. Thank you for bringing back such a great memory in my life. Owen does look a lot like you at that age. I love giving you and all of my girls flowers and cards. And you are so right about being there when Scott gets home. We need to get that on video tape for the future. When your mother and I baby sit him while the two of you are out, he does the same thing when he knows you are coming home. It is very evident he loves his Mama and Daddy and the two of you love him just as much if not more. I want all of you to know I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks and I love all of you very much too.

Jennifer said...

Great post! I love it!

Aunt Pam said...

Such a sweet post!