Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Playing Catch-up

Whew.  It feels good to be on-line again, but I confess that I feel hopelessly overwhelmed when I think about getting back on the blogging horse.  Three weeks is a long time in the life of Owen, so grab a cup of tea and settle in while I try to think of everything I want to tell you!

We lost internet service back at the end of August, which prematurely ended our fun with Name that Olympian and made a big fat liar out of me since I specifically promised more Olympic action.  Two other ideas that never came to fruition? 
  • Owen in a long-sleeved onesie with 37 barrettes in his hair, holding a passport 
  • Owen in ultra-tight shorts, a tank top, shades, and bling made out of Reynolds Wrap
It's been birthday season around here.  Owen's Uncle Tommy, Great Granddad, Uncle Drew and Coach all have birthdays within 8 days of each other.  We partied with Scott's extended family here one Friday night, and by Saturday afternoon Owen and I were in Texas for my Granddad's surprise 80th birthday party (Which, in retrospect, could have ended badly.  Should there be an age limit on intentionally startling people?)   

The night after we got back from Texas, Owen woke with a fever.  By the next day the little guy and I found ourselves exiled to the Land of Poo.  To give you some idea of what goes on in such a mythic place without completely traumatizing you, I'll just say Owen's car seat, stroller, crib, changing table, shopping cart cover and every pair of pants and shorts he owns have been recently scrubbed, soaked or sanitized.

The two front teeth I told you were on their way in SIX WEEKS ago are still torturing him, and now the teeth on either side of them are arriving too.  We've been sharing our table food with him, and I am happy to report that he has made his peace with bananas.  He's begun experiments for testing Newton's Laws of Motion on just about everything he touches (especially peas and pacifiers).  Our usual 45 minute walk took almost twice as long today because I had to troll the streets of Homewood looking for the green paci he'd chunked out.  And he's started making affectionate gestures like patting us on the back and putting his mouth to our cheeks. 

Finally, our most exciting news:  Owen is getting an Uncle Joey!  Congratulations Aunt Becky and Joe on your engagement!!! 

 



Answer Key:  1. Chinese gymnast 2.  Jeremy Wariner

2 comments:

Rebecca Davenport said...

I love all these photos! I haven't even had a chance to go through all those cds mom made us... I forgot how much I miss pooh bear, but seeing these photos make me excited for the holidays.

Thanks for the Congrats! Uncle Joey will be the silliest uncle O-bear has ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did it. This is a wonderful blog (as usual) and as I look at the pictures it seems so long ago that you were here. So much has happened in the amount of time between your departure from Texas. Love you all so much! Kiss "O" for me!