- He tucks his top lip into his bottom lip, holds a clenched fist in the air and strains like he's got a rock in his hand that he is attempting to crumble into dust.
- He pats my shoulder and my head when I rock him to sleep. We've been working on the appropriate way to pet the cats, and he seems to think those lessons extend nicely to people as well.
- We can undress him for his bath and put him down on the floor in the buff next to his changing table, and he will take off like a wind-up toy and head directly for the bath tub.
- He feeds himself cheerios, bananas and avocado now. When a bite gets away from him and sticks to the back of his hand, he will bite at it again. Except usually his aim is not very good, and it squirts out of the side of his mouth and sticks farther up his arm. Sometimes it's nearly to his elbow before he finally catches it.
- Now that the weather is cool, we go out every afternoon and put down a blanket in the yard. He sits near the edge concentrating fiercely on crumpling up dried leaves, and I lie there hypnotized by the sound of it.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Some of my current Owen favorites: