Photo credit to Scott
Still residing in the House of Sick over here, so how about some funny things Owen has said lately to cheer us up?
- He's in week 3 of preschool and is great about coming home and sharing things he's learned. The other day he asked me if I knew the Witchit Stans song. After a second of head scratching, I realized he was talking about the Pledge of Allegiance.
- He also asked me to sing Patio Cake Patio Cake with him. Is that the one that can only be chanted on a back porch?
- During a downpour the other day, he asked me out of the blue, What do ducks think about rain? And he acted a little put out with me when I confessed I had no capacity for reading the mind of a duck.
- He and I went out for a treat last week, and Owen got a brownie the size of his head. After one bite he said, This brownie is weeeeeally good. After about 4 bites he said, We need to take some of this brownie home for Daddy to try. Past the halfway mark and still going he announced, Maybe we should just go back and get Daddy his own brownie.
- We borrowed a Thomas the Train movie from the library, and Owen always likes to give me the rundown after the show has ended. He said, Did-ja know Mommy? Thomas has friends in this movie named Hairy and Butt. I started laughing and was simultaneously wondering either what kind of movie I'd rented for him or how in the world he came up with a joke like that when it hit me. Harry and Bert.