Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reality



It seems the weather even gets crummy in Italy. We are on our fifth straight day of rain; the scent of jasmine has been replaced by the stench of wet dog. We've road tripped north a few times to escape it, but we just don't feel up to traveling today. We went to the Cinque Terre yesterday, and I don't know if it was the heat, the massive number of tourists, or the adventurous seafood salad I ate (octopus, folks), but my tail got kicked.

I think we'll try shopping today. Clothes for Scott, toys for Owen and junky antiques for me. And if the weather doesn't turn in our favor soon, we're thinking of hopping a train to Venice. The extra expense and three hours confined with Owen don't exactly make it a no-brainer though.

2 comments:

Rebecca Davenport said...

VENICE!!! Take O on a gondola! Those will be awesome pictures.... I am just sayin....

Grandma DD said...

Why not head to Switzerland? Too much red tape with border crossing?
I guess no matter where you go, rain will follow. Wish we could get some on our lawn. It's rained all around us but not in downtown Crosby. Bummer!!